One of the simplest yet functional and effective exercises is the farmer’s walk. This is a total body exercise that will work your thighs, core (abs, glutes, and lower back), forearms, shoulders and upper back.
- Stand between two weights, such as barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells or other handle equipment.
- Squat and grip the handles.
- Return to a standing position by pushing through your heels.
- Keep your back straight, shoulders back, hips forward and head up.
- Take short, quick steps and don’t forget to breathe.
- Walk as fast as possible for a given distance, typically 50 to 100 feet.
- Perform several sets.
Quote of the Week:
“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.”
– Joseph Chilton Pearce